Navitar Industries has recently been involved with an EUV illuminator design for a revolutionary microdischarge plasma light source technology from Starfire Industries. This arrayed source has potential to dramatically improve the optical efficiency of future EUV illuminators. The source and the optical design concepts have been well received by the semiconductor industry.
The optical design challenge is to multiplex the sources to form uniform reticle illumination while preserving the pupil mapping from illuminator to projection lens. By reducing the mirror count found in many contemporary EUV illuminators, the efficiency of the EUV optics can be greatly improved.
- EUV Illumination design for custom EUV optics
- Illumination analysis and array source models
- Reflective homogenizer optics
Excimer Laser Optics
Navitar Industries has developed numerous beam delivery systems for industrial Excimer laser applications. Our illumination designs have used fly eye arrays and other specialty components to provide uniform illumination at the mask plane. We also design reduction lenses and match them to our illuminators.
- Beam homogenization using fly eye lens arrays
- End to end beam delivery simulations
- Lens design for excimer laser reduction lenses
- Beam delivery optics - industrial & semiconductor
DUV Projection Lens
Navitar Industries recently completed the design and fabrication of an advanced DUV projection lens for 308 nm laser projection.
- 80m field (largest field ever for a UV laser source)
- Native resolution of 3.0 mm L/S over this 80mm field
- Resolution of 2.5 mm L/S using enhanced illumination