Quality Control Technician
Navitar Industries, LLC – Woburn, MA
We are seeking a qualified individual to assist in the inspection of precision optical lenses at various stages of production to ensure specified standards have been met.
- Examine lenses for defects, such as pits, scratches, unpolished areas, bubbles, and chips, using magnifying glass and polarized light
- Read prescriptions and work orders to ascertain lens specifications
- Verify lens dimensions, such as thickness, size, curve, and position of bifocal element, using mechanical and fixed measuring instruments, such as calibrated microscope, micrometer, and test glass
- Measure properties, such as angles, curves, and focal length of lens, using electronic, optical, and electromechanical measuring instruments, such as interferometers and collimators
- Mark and route defective lenses for rework or salvage
- Clean optics to facilitate inspection
- May be designated according to stage in production as Final Inspector
High School diploma and minimum of 3 years experience working with optics or related field
- Good manual dexterity and visual acuity
- Ability to contribute as an individual and as a team member
- Ability to follow directions and procedures
- Good communication skills
- Analytical troubleshooting / problem solving
- Computer skills
- Decision making
- Time management skills
Navitar Industries, LLC offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
Qualified applicants should email, fax, or send resumes to:
Navitar Industries, LLC., 30 Nashua Street, Woburn, MA 01801. Fax: (781) 933-6420 or email email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Navitar Industries, LLC. is part of the Navitar family of companies. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are selected on the basis of demonstrated ability, experience, training and potential. It is the company's policy to select qualified persons without prejudice or discrimination and to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations in relation to hiring.